Harshland - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MagikYeti
MagikYeti

LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. Empty
PostSubject: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 pm

In the first days of Minecraftia, there were 4 continents. Lunia, Shod'akrafit, Entropius and Harshland. Each had a special property to them. Those who lived in Entropius had the power to build and obtained anything they wanted. People of Lunia were highly respected for their craftsmanship. Shod'akrafit was an enormous economic giant who exported thousands of goods across the world. People of Harshland did not have as good luck.

Harshland was a world surrounded by darkness, and inhabited by hostile people. They believed in only anarchy and destruction could ever solve their problems. Organization began to war with other clans across the continent. The very scattered people had a very weak- if any- centralized government. The anarchy of the land spread, and no one could stop what was going on. Shod'akrafit traders were advised to stay away from the coasts. Lunia warships were advised to guard the borders. Entropius people stayed way away from Harshland.

Finally, enough was enough. The faction of builders, The night hawk clan planned a device. The Entranis Superconductor was to banish the ever-darkness from Harshland. The only problem was that to build it, they required a reagent called red stone. The builders could only gain that from Shod'akrafit, and the traders were far off from the coast. The builders only way to enact the Superconductor was with the torches. The faction called Fusion made a deal with the builders. They would get the red stone, and they would get a share of it.

The builders agreed to the faction's requirements. The Shod'akrafit trade ship closest to the continent was targeted. Fusion used enormous tnt cannons to send off waves of destruction that tore open the ship. The faction acquired the red stone in crates, and left the ship to burn. When the faction returned, the builders asked the faction for the stone. They refused to hand it over. Infuriated with this, the leader of the faction, Duke Timmothy sliced open the opposing faction. The war ended in the red stone in the hands of the builders.

With all of it in place, the builders hollowed out the land, and built the Superconductor. The son of the leader of Fusion was enraged over his father's death, and attacked the builders. As the conductor was turned on, and arrow was shot in to the control panel, causing the conductor to go haywire. For twenty weeks, days were only two minutes and nights were 1. Zombies were forced underground, and the residents of Harshland couldn't fix it.

Night hawk found a way to fix it. They bravely set forth over 5 nights to get to the Superconductor and fix it. Two of them died on the way. With the wiring of red stone in hand, they fixed the conductor. The day and night cycle was finally done, and instead of the unrest Harshland gave, they brought peace to the rest of the world. The superconductor was placed as a monument. A city sprung up around the machine, and Harshland was at an era of peace.

But soon, lead by the warlord Enoculus, Harshland's peace was shattered. Factions begun to war again, but due to the day the world then gained, the other continents banded together to make the unified continent of Harshland. The wars have gone on today, and will go very far in to the future.

So, what did you guys think? I wanted to make some lore.

-Yeti
Back to top Go down
Deuce
Noob
Deuce

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm touched, and I'm sure the other two will like it too.
Back to top Go down
SmileZor
VIP
SmileZor

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Made... little sense at times Yeti and the Grammar and mistakes made it hard to understand... I'm not sure what to think?
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Our faction was in it...so I like^.^ Especially cause we da builders
Back to top Go down
http://thatguyyoucometo.tumblr.com
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Deuce wrote:
I'm touched, and I'm sure the other two will like it too.
That we were:3
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 am

I did notice some grammatical mistakes but other than that, great job. I like the creative aspect of this a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 am

I'm good at editing things and proofreading, if you wanted me to I could go back and fix it up and spice it up a bit?
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 am

Potentialares wrote:
I'm good at editing things and proofreading, if you wanted me to I could go back and fix it up and spice it up a bit?

If you did I could swap yours for his, after he gives me permission of course.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 am

kd280z wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

Cool. I'll try to get on it sometime tomorrow
Back to top Go down
MagikYeti
MagikYeti

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 am

kd280z wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

*picks up Hammer of Yeti-tude*

Permission...

*slams down*

GRANTED!
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm

MagikYeti wrote:
kd280z wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

*picks up Hammer of Yeti-tude*

Permission...

*slams down*

GRANTED!

Sir thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.   LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think. Empty

Back to top Go down

LORE IDEA! Tell me what you think.
Page 1 of 1