Harshland - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NightHawks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: The NightHawks   The NightHawks EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 am

Hey all, I felt like something needed to be posted in this section of the forum to, you know, kick it off and all. I run a recently developed faction that was started by me and two other friends, and has since grown to six people in the last day. We aren't big or rich or anything but we don't really have any restrictions on who can join the faction and who cannot. Basically, as long as you follow our rules we won't have any problem with having you in our clan.

1. Do not grief any of the faction's buildings or chests or other such things. If there are buildings around you in your way or you just plain want to destroy them, don't. People put a lot of time and effort into the things they build and we would like to keep them in the condition they were made to be in.

2. You have a right to build anywhere across the bridge from our spawn, as long as it is out of sight or almost out of sight of the main base. There is a set of hills right across the bridge that we ask you to build behind for aesthetic purposes.

3. Do not steal from a chest that you did not place. I do not care how out of the way or abandoned it seems, someone placed that chest there and filled it with his or her hard earned items. No one has a right to take those items from them.

4. If you are a builder and are allowed into the faction, do not go around giving items to the faction members. It's against server rules in the first place, and it destroys the game for other people trying to play honestly.

5. Obey all three mods of the faction. That would be me, Potentialares; Dandare890; and The_Duece. We are the creators of the faction and would like to keep it running in a pleasing way. We have put a great deal of work into the faction so far and would like more than anything to see it expand while staying true to its original values.

6. We are a SURVIVAL faction. This means we do not want builders coming in and building the most insanely huge buildings they can build, and outshining all of the regular players. If you are a builder, we ask that you play in game mode 1, survival mode, and play like a regular player. It makes the game even and fair for everyone. We do not want one person easily building huge skyskrapers that no one can compare to because they have the ability to fly and will never run out of materials. You will occasionally see me flying around, however, but I do this not to build but to check on the faction and see how things are going.

7. I ask that you label your house or hut or property so that I can tell who is building what and where you guys are currently building. I also ask that you don't try to take up a huge amount of property and cause other people to have to search far and wide for new territory. I do, however, also ask that you respect other people's territory and build a considerable distance away from other structures.

We really are a laid back and chill faction, I just needed to set out these ground rules for anyone wishing to enter the faction. I really want this faction to be an enjoyable one for all involved, and thus it needs to be a fair and regulated at least a little bit. To sum it all up, no greifing, no creative mode, no theft, and respect your faction brethren and sistren. If you have any questions at all feel free to message me any time, I love meeting new people and I'd be happy to talk to anyone at any time. I will also try to upload some photos of our main base soon, just to give you guys an idea of the kind of base we have. Good luck in Minecraftia! ~Potentialares

Last edited by Potentialares on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thatguyyoucometo.tumblr.com
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NightHawks   The NightHawks EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:02 am

Potentialares wrote:

4. If you are a builder and are allowed into the faction, do not go around giving items to the faction members. I have no problem with a helpful item here or there to get them off their feet or something like that, but the whole enjoyment of the game is taken away from others when new recruits suddenly have full diamond armor.

Is this referring to builders spawning items for players? If so this is not allowed even if it is a piece of dirt. You can NEVER spawn an item for another player, EVER.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NightHawks   The NightHawks EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:05 am

kd280z wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

4. If you are a builder and are allowed into the faction, do not go around giving items to the faction members. I have no problem with a helpful item here or there to get them off their feet or something like that, but the whole enjoyment of the game is taken away from others when new recruits suddenly have full diamond armor.

Is this referring to builders spawning items for players? If so this is not allowed even if it is a piece of dirt. You can NEVER spawn an item for another player, EVER.

My bad, I'll fix that right away. I was referring to spawning items or giving them items that you earned through your own builder abilities really. I guess xD. Basically builders giving people items in general. I'm not really sure what I meant...But it's fixed now lol
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NightHawks   The NightHawks EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:37 am

Thanks, a builder just got deranked and quit the faction(timmyoseaton) because he spawned another member a lot of items. I'm not gonna really go into it.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NightHawks   The NightHawks EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:26 am

kd280z wrote:
Thanks, a builder just got deranked and quit the faction(timmyoseaton) because he spawned another member a lot of items. I'm not gonna really go into it.

I told him not to do that...-_- I made sure not to do it myself. Anything I gave our new member (kitty) was stuff I had earned before I became a builder. the game is made to be difficult, just giving people anything they want defeats the purpose of the entire game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The NightHawks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NightHawks   The NightHawks Empty

Back to top Go down

The NightHawks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harshland - Minecraft Server :: HARSHLAND.ENJIN.COM :: Recruiting-
Jump to: