Harshland - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod

Go down 
+2
Potentialares
rocky159a
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rocky159a
Noob

Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod Empty
PostSubject: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Position applying for:j-mod or mod
In-game name:Rocky159a
Timezone :utc-8:00 Pacific Time US and Canada
Times available:saturerday suday friday tuesday wednesday (monday 630-830 and thursday 730-830)*can play from 330-830
What makes you better for this position than others?:i have donated to the server 25$ and im very loyal to the server and i dont swear i always anwser peoples questions and i will... If the damage is minor
ill Ask them why they are griefing.
If they have a reasonable reason, or at least admit that they did it:
ill Allow them the opportunity to clean up their mess first: "You have 2 choices, if you clean it up, I will let it slide this once. If not I will undo it and spectate you. What do you want to do?"
If they clean it up then let ill them go on the first warning
If they do not, continue on with the spectate below
If they deny doing it,ill get violent or otherwise try to evade you,ill continue with the spectate below
If the damage is major, or they failed to be repentant, then it's time to me spectate them ill Inspect the level of damage, most likely an undo will be warranted,ill talk to an admin to get them to do an undo or make a request in IRC for an admin to come online and perform an undo
Once i spectate, ill remember that i may only undo the spectate command if i were mistaken in the first place. All other decisions are final and must be officially appealed on the website via the spectator appeals process. and then i keep a close eye on them.ill Try not to show favoritism toward any particular player, for when it appears that i am are favoring one party over another players they can get upset and it may affect their conduct on our server.
i wont Don’t interfere with a rivalry between players unless it gets out of hand. There will be times when individuals will attack each other. As long as they are not harassing other players relentlessly, i should not interfere. If it does get out of hand, ill just politely ask them to take some time off and relax and if this doesn't work, i may escalate to muting, kicking and then silencing. Experience will help me here; the longer i do this, the better ill get.
ill Report troublemakers to the higher level admins. It can be difficult not to respond to personal attacks, but it is important for me to remember that i must remain professional and polite and remember that your primary mission is to keep the playing environment safe and clean for the guests and members and keep griefers out, not act as a police officer.
Once another moderator becomes involved in a situation, it is their responsibility, and unless he/she asks for assistance, i don’t assume he/she needs it.i should answer questions directed toward me, but if i see something that requires intervention, refer the situation to one of the admins on duty and let him/her make the decision on how to best handle it, even if i might disagree with that decision.
For situations that i feel require intervention when no admins are online, you should post your concern on the website where the admins hang out, even when idle.
When in doubt,ill ask an admin for advice on how to handle a situation that could lead to problems.
Helpful information specific to position(Good with Java ect.):im good with computers my dad is a total computerman he makes 3d prints of job sites
other:i have baseball in the spring thats it ill mesege the info if this happens

Last edited by rocky159a on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:51 pm

rocky159a wrote:
Times available:saturerday suday friday tuesday wednesday (monday 630-830 and thursday 730-830)*can play from 330-830
What makes you better for this position than others?:i have donated to the server 25$ and im very loyal to the server and i dont swear i always anwser peoples questions and i will... If the damage is minor
ill Allow them the opportunity to clean up their mess first: "You have 2 choices, if you clean it up, I will let it slide this once. If not I will undo it and spectate you. What do you want to do?"
If they deny doing it,ill get violent or otherwise try to evade you,ill continue with the spectate below
If the damage is major, or they failed to be repentant, then it's time to me spectate them ill Inspect the level of damage, most likely an undo will be warranted,ill talk to an admin to get them to do an undo or make a request in IRC for an admin to come online and perform an undo
Once i spectate, ill remember that i may only undo the spectate command if i were mistaken in the first place. All other decisions are final and must be officially appealed on the website via the spectator appeals process. and then i keep a close eye on them.
Helpful information specific to position(Good with Java ect.):im good with computers my dad is a total computerman he makes 3d prints of job sites
other:i have baseball in the spring thats it ill mesege the info if this happens

Rocky, we've been over this, stating the things that are regular duties of a mod does not qualify you to be one. Those should be a given and should be implied from the begining. Tells us what QUALITIES you have that make you good for this position
Back to top Go down
http://thatguyyoucometo.tumblr.com
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Well... griefing is allowed and we have no irc..
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
timmyoseaton
J-Mod
timmyoseaton

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:
Once i spectate, ill remember that i may only undo the spectate command if i were mistaken in the first place. All other decisions are final and must be officially appealed on the website via the spectator appeals process. and then i keep a close eye on them.

Rocky, we've been over this, stating the things that are regular duties of a mod does not qualify you to be one. Those should be a given and should be implied from the begining. Tells us what QUALITIES you have that make you good for this position
Yea and wtf? here this is what you put 'What makes you better for this position than others?:i have donated to the server 25$ and im very loyal to the server and i dont swear i always anwser peoples questions and i will... If the damage is minor
Once i spectate, ill remember that i may only undo the spectate command if i were mistaken in the first place. All other decisions are final and must be officially appealed on the website via the spectator appeals process. and then i keep a close eye on them.'
Ok this is not why you are better then others but you instead put what you would do if someone did some minor damage or something. You completly awnsered that question WRONG. And people are aloud to greif. Except spawn and others. So sorry app is wrong so -1 from me
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:57 pm

I think he may be reffering to griefing of things like the blockey field...but still, Kd is right Rocky
Back to top Go down
rocky159a
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Potentialares wrote:
I think he may be reffering to griefing of things like the blockey field...but still, Kd is right Rocky
i was refering to the blockey feild i loved the feild
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm

rocky159a wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

Well then I was right in saying your responsibilities for that are a given. You should know that coming into being a mod, and that knowledge does in no way qualify you to be a mod. You need to add more, tell us what makes you good for the position
Back to top Go down
rocky159a
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

Well then I was right in saying your responsibilities for that are a given. You should know that coming into being a mod, and that knowledge does in no way qualify you to be a mod. You need to add more, tell us what makes you good for the position
i did add more
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm

About keeping griefers out and such, we actually need more agressive players. At the moment me and Sik do most of the destorying.
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 pm

kd280z wrote:
About keeping griefers out and such, we actually need more agressive players. At the moment me and Sik do most of the destorying.

Hey I raided this guy named 0cean he's a person and I was with Sik so... And I would raid if when I was on you asked. I do like raiding.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 pm

ikoi99 wrote:
kd280z wrote:

Hey I raided this guy named 0cean he's a person and I was with Sik so... And I would raid if when I was on you asked. I do like raiding.

I watched! I was bored xD
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Ok Rocky here's the thing. You are dedicated to the server but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are on a lot. And the app isn't the best. I like you Rocky but I have to give this a -1 sorry. But good luck on this application hope you get the spot Smile
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm

ikoi99 wrote:
Ok Rocky here's the thing. You are dedicated to the server but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are on a lot. And the app isn't the best. I like you Rocky but I have to give this a -1 sorry. But good luck on this application hope you get the spot Smile
I'm going to have to agree, -1 from me too, sorry brosef
Back to top Go down
rocky159a
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:20 am

Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
brosef lol!! k well thx i thought it was a long shot i actilly wanted to be a builder Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:34 am

rocky159a wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
brosef lol!! k well thx i thought it was a long shot i actilly wanted to be a builder Exclamation

honestly I have trouble controlling the other builder as is..xD But the main thing about being a builder is you have to be:
1. ACTIVE
2. Extremely creative
3. Willing to take my criticisms and understand when I change or remove things that have been build
4. Listen to what his superiors tell him, like the admins, kd, and the modbuilders:3

And most of all you have to be able to please everyone and able to work insanely hard
Back to top Go down
rocky159a
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 am

im positive that i can do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 am

rocky159a wrote:

We shall see. First things first, we need to see you being more active than you currently are, and we also do need some sort of evidence of your dilligence and creativity.
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:48 am

Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:

We shall see. First things first, we need to see you being more active than you currently are, and we also do need some sort of evidence of your dilligence and creativity.

Exactly what Pot says be A LOT more active and more evidence of what you do...
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:08 am

ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:

I've put a lot of work and time into this server...I know I don't have executive control over who gets builder or not, but you would really need to impress me to get my vote. Builder is a HUGE responsibility
Back to top Go down
rocky159a
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:41 am

Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:

I've put a lot of work and time into this server...I know I don't have executive control over who gets builder or not, but you would really need to impress me to get my vote. Builder is a HUGE responsibility
got it thank you for the info plz keep a watch on me
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:44 am

rocky159a wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:

We watch EVERYONE O.O
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 am

Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
rocky159a wrote:

We watch EVERYONE O.O

I remember trolling ikoi with one of my alts Razz. I'll have to do that to someone else sometime. But yes builder is a huge responsibility considering how easily you can destroy a server with worldedit *cough* pot + deso *cough*.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 am

THE HISTORY NEED NOT BE BROUGHT UP. 'TWAS NOT MY FAULT. 'TWAS THE FAULT OF WORLD EDIT. WE ARE INNOCENT, INNOCENT I SAYYYYY. We have vowed, no more TNT for us. Evar.
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 am

Potentialares wrote:
THE HISTORY NEED NOT BE BROUGHT UP. 'TWAS NOT MY FAULT. 'TWAS THE FAULT OF WORLD EDIT. WE ARE INNOCENT, INNOCENT I SAYYYYY. We have vowed, no more TNT for us. Evar.

Be like Zor was, absolutely hated TnT for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 am

kd280z wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

Be like Zor was, absolutely hated TnT for some reason.

Lol..Bad childhood memories or something xD I can see the news reel now.. "Traumatic TnT incident leaves child emotionally scarred for life, refuses to even touch TnT on video games"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod   Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocky159as application to be a j-mod or mod
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next