Harshland - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: ModBuilder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

Application: ModBuilder Empty
PostSubject: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:09 am

Position applying for: Modbuilder/Super-builder

In-game name: Potentialares

Timezone(GMT format): Eastern Standard(-5:00)

Times available: Weekdays after 7:30, 4+ hours a day on weekends

What makes you better for this position than others?: So, most people know me, I'm on the server a great deal and have been a builder on the server for quite some time and, up until a few nights ago, I was the only builder. I am, as of now, the third most active user on the forum, only having about ten fewer posts KD and Ikoi, who both hold positions of great authority. I just love being on the forum, helping run it and keep it straight. Honestly I was hesitant about applying for this position in the first place because I didn't think people would want someone to be both a builder and a mod, but I was encouraged to do so by a few people on the forum and the server, so I am. I've invested a lot of time and effort into making this server a fun place to be for everyone and interesting as well, and I would love to be able to do my job even better. I work on a large amount of projects as a builder and interact with the mods and admins a great deal because of this. I often have to communicate with people and come up with ideas to fix problems that are being had just because that's what a builder does, and it's something I do a lot and am good at. I'd like to say most of the people on the server who know me respect me and enjoy having me on the server. I try to be a rather amiable person and put a lot of work into making sure people enjoy talking to me and having me around them. It really gets at me when little trolls come on to the server and start either harassing other players or flat out harassing me while I'm trying to build things. Oftentimes someone who thinks he or she is above the law of the server will come on to the server and begin breaking rules and there is little I can do personally about it as a builder. Peacekeeping is something I do well, and I feel like the position of mod is a good place to be if I want to keep peace on the server. Becoming a mod would also provide me with a bit of authority on the forums that builder really doesn't, and it would allow any new players who aren't familiar with me to know that I am involved in the server and know what I'm doing. Most of what I've said really doesn't fit into the category of "helpful information" and is instead reasons why I think being a modbuiler/Super-builder would be a good thing for me to be. I've written my application like this due to the fact that the position I'm applying for doesn't actually exist...yet...and also because I already have half of the position. Here goes actual information about myself:

Helpful information specific to position(Good with Java ect.):I'm involved in a great many leadership organizations and find that I thrive extremely well when I am in positions of leadership. I have always been good at sorting through multitudes of ideas and picking out the good and the bad, as well as giving my own ideas and opinions and respecting what people think of those opinions. I'm a very respectful person when it comes to opposing someone's opinion and I try to do everything in a way that is easiest for everyone and does not hurt people. I do not like to see people angry or unhappy, and will put forth the utmost effort to ensure everyone's happiness on the server and forum. I plan to be with this server for a long time and active on the server for just as long, and I will always be on call to help people who need it. I've been on the server for a while and am very familiar with the rules and regulations, along with the accepted conduct of the average player or person while on the servers and forums. I don't hold grudges often, ask Deso, we started out in a huge argument and now we build together nightly for an hour or two at least. Being a mod also doesn't interfere with my ability to build like I have been and continue to do so.

other: I kinda want to thank all of you guys who have been good to me and supported me since I've been on this server. This community is an amazing place and I want nothing but to be a positive part of it, thank you to all of you guys who are constantly encouraging me, it really means a lot to me^.^ And whether I get the position or not, I plan to keep on keepin on. Like I told Ikoi, either way I'm here to build and make the server enjoyable, and if people think me being part mod would be a good idea then so be it, I'm ready to take the responsibility, seems fun:]

I would also like to show some evidence as to why me being a mod would be a good idea, these people disgust me:

Application: ModBuilder 2012-023

Application: ModBuilder 2012-024

Application: ModBuilder 2012-025

these two people joined the server at about 1 O'clock tonight. one of them died from hunger and they both went balistic, this has been going on for about 15 minutes. I have no ability to stop this as a regular builder however, and I would have greatly liked to mute these people. The person they were talking to was ten years old, not even old enough to be allowed to have skype yet. This is not okay.
Back to top Go down
http://thatguyyoucometo.tumblr.com
timmyoseaton
J-Mod
timmyoseaton

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:17 am

Potentialares wrote:

What makes you better for this position than others?: So, most people know me, I'm on the server a great deal and have been a builder on the server for quite some time and, up until a few nights ago, I was the only builder. I am, as of now, the third most active user on the forum, only having about ten fewer posts KD and Ikoi, who both hold positions of great authority. I just love being on the forum, helping run it and keep it straight. Honestly I was hesitant about applying for this position in the first place because I didn't think people would want someone to be both a builder and a mod, but I was encouraged to do so by a few people on the forum and the server, so I am. I've invested a lot of time and effort into making this server a fun place to be for everyone and interesting as well, and I would love to be able to do my job even better. I work on a large amount of projects as a builder and interact with the mods and admins a great deal because of this. I often have to communicate with people and come up with ideas to fix problems that are being had just because that's what a builder does, and it's something I do a lot and am good at. I'd like to say most of the people on the server who know me respect me and enjoy having me on the server. I try to be a rather amiable person and put a lot of work into making sure people enjoy talking to me and having me around them. It really gets at me when little trolls come on to the server and start either harassing other players or flat out harassing me while I'm trying to build things. Oftentimes someone who thinks he or she is above the law of the server will come on to the server and begin breaking rules and there is little I can do personally about it as a builder. Peacekeeping is something I do well, and I feel like the position of mod is a good place to be if I want to keep peace on the server. Becoming a mod would also provide me with a bit of authority on the forums that builder really doesn't, and it would allow any new players who aren't familiar with me to know that I am involved in the server and know what I'm doing. Most of what I've said really doesn't fit into the category of "helpful information" and is instead reasons why I think being a modbuiler/Super-builder would be a good thing for me to be. I've written my application like this due to the fact that the position I'm applying for doesn't actually exist...yet...and also because I already have half of the position. Here goes actual information about myself:

Helpful information specific to position(Good with Java ect.):I'm involved in a great many leadership organizations and find that I thrive extremely well when I am in positions of leadership. I have always been good at sorting through multitudes of ideas and picking out the good and the bad, as well as giving my own ideas and opinions and respecting what people think of those opinions. I'm a very respectful person when it comes to opposing someone's opinion and I try to do everything in a way that is easiest for everyone and does not hurt people. I do not like to see people angry or unhappy, and will put forth the utmost effort to ensure everyone's happiness on the server and forum. I plan to be with this server for a long time and active on the server for just as long, and I will always be on call to help people who need it. I've been on the server for a while and am very familiar with the rules and regulations, along with the accepted conduct of the average player or person while on the servers and forums. I don't hold grudges often, ask Deso, we started out in a huge argument and now we build together nightly for an hour or two at least. Being a mod also doesn't interfere with my ability to build like I have been and continue to do so.

other: I kinda want to thank all of you guys who have been good to me and supported me since I've been on this server. This community is an amazing place and I want nothing but to be a positive part of it, thank you to all of you guys who are constantly encouraging me, it really means a lot to me^.^ And whether I get the position or not, I plan to keep on keepin on. Like I told Ikoi, either way I'm here to build and make the server enjoyable, and if people think me being part mod would be a good idea then so be it, I'm ready to take the responsibility, seems fun:]

I would also like to show some evidence as to why me being a mod would be a good idea, these people disgust me:

Application: ModBuilder 2012-023

Application: ModBuilder 2012-024

Application: ModBuilder 2012-025

these two people joined the server at about 1 O'clock tonight. one of them died from hunger and they both went balistic, this has been going on for about 15 minutes. I have no ability to stop this as a regular builder however, and I would have greatly liked to mute these people. The person they were talking to was ten years old, not even old enough to be allowed to have skype yet. This is not okay.
Very inapropraite for younger users. Thanks man for telling the higher ranks about this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 am

timmyoseaton wrote:
Potentialares wrote:

-img-

-img-

-img-

Very inapropraite for younger users. Thanks man for telling the higher ranks about this Very Happy

First of all this is a very good application and I feel that Pot should defiantly get mod because like his builder application it is a very good application and he is way more active on the forums than most of the admins and he is also on more than any of the admins which is ok but what I am saying is that he is a very very active user and he is on at different times than the rest of the staff he works most of the night shifts so ++1 from me Smile. And Timmy do not post pictures in quotes.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks ikoi! It means a lot^.^ I probably should have mentioned the time thing too. I'm usually on when no other mods are, and I would be able to fill that gap of abuse
Back to top Go down
timmyoseaton
J-Mod
timmyoseaton

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Very sorry ikoi
Back to top Go down
swat01803
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Potential receives complaints about him everyday and he does not deserve this position, i also suspect him to spawn things if it came to this..
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Both of those people have been banned. I just had to say this before reading that huge wall of text.

Edit: Amazing application, accepted easily. Now I must go make that rank.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Potentialares wrote:
Thanks ikoi! It means a lot^.^ I probably should have mentioned the time thing too. I'm usually on when no other mods are, and I would be able to fill that gap of abuse

That is exactly why you should be a modbuilder and now there are also spaces so... And Timmy it is no problem just try not to do it.
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:04 pm

swat01803 wrote:
Potential receives complaints about him everyday and he does not deserve this position, i also suspect him to spawn things if it came to this..

Swat just because he criticized your application doesn't mean you have to criticize him. And I have never heard any complaints.
Back to top Go down
swat01803
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm

I get a complaint every time i come online.. I would expect him to spawn items... none of them are lies and its nothing to do with my application .. so please don't make accusations.
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 pm

swat01803 wrote:
I get a complaint every time i come online.. I would expect him to spawn items... none of them are lies and its nothing to do with my application .. so please don't make accusations.

Ok sorry I didn't mean to accuse anyone I was just saying I have never said anything negative about Pot and what Pot said about your application was mostly false too.
Back to top Go down
swat01803
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Thank You i appreciate the understanding
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:53 am

Swat, I apologize if any of what I said was untrue, I was stating my past experiences with you. I haven't seen you online since the old server, and that was when you griefed the new members of my faction. I just want to set the record straight and say that I have NOT been spawning items, as a matter of fact I have very little connection to many regular players when it comes to factions and other things that require items. I talk to people often but I haven't yet had anyone openly dislike me, so I honestly do not know where the complaints have been coming from. I'm sorry for any confusion swat, I really have no problems with you personally, I was just recounting my experiences with you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: ModBuilder   Application: ModBuilder Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: ModBuilder
Page 1 of 1