Harshland - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: Builder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

Application: Builder Empty
PostSubject: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Position applying for: Builder

In-game name: Potentialares

Timezone(GMT format): Eastern Standard(-5:00)

Times available:7-10+ any weekday; at least 4+ hours per day on weekends

What makes you better for this position than others?: I've done a lot of redstone wiring throughout minecraft's development and have been playing since the beta. I work mostly with editing and adapting structures. I usually create something that is either aesthetically pleasing or something that serves a purpose. I work well in a team with other people. I don't really try to control the build when I work in a group, but I also do not let my ideas go unnoticed if I feel like they would be helpful or interesting to implement in the build. I don't always have huge strokes of creative genius or anything like that, but any little idea can get me started on a great build, especially when I have another person's imagination to work off of. I've been working with my friends The_Duece(currently a builder) and dandare890(currently applying to become a builder) recently in building our faction, and it never ceases to amaze me how much can be created when multiple very different imaginations collaborate on a single project. Our main obstacle when trying to build an interesting structure or design though is either our lack of ability to reach certain places with ease, or our lack of items. I don't mean to say that I want builder status just to be able to build my own structures with ease. I mean to say that we wish to build things for the server that will make it a better place for everyone, but we lack the ability as a team to do so currently. All three of us live in the same area and see each other on a daily basis, so we would have no problems working together as a team on a regular basis to get tasks done.

Helpful information specific to position: I don't need a whole lot of directions other than the task given to me. Following directions is easy for me, but I also think well freely and would be able to continue with tasks without constantly needing directions from someone superior. I have no problems making changes to anything that needs to be changed, even if I built it. I enjoy being given a task and then let loose to complete it, especially when it comes to creating things. The building in Minecraft is so attractive to me because you have the freedom to build anything you want, really, as long as you can imagine it in the first place. It's like the ultimate imagination test.

other: Whenever my computer is running, my Skype and other forms of communication are invariable running also. My Skype automatically turns on when my computer turns on, so I'm online on Skype often and can be reached easily through that. I have no problems with talking to new people or people I've never met before, it doesn't take much for me to strike up a conversation with someone. Some of my closest friends are people I've never even seen in person before, I just know them through the internet and have gotten extremely close to them through communication. As irrelevant as that seems to be, the gist of it is that I have no problems with being contacted in a personal way by anyone who needs my assistance at any given time. If need be, I would have no problems allowing people to contact me for any kind of help.

I just want to thank you guys again for taking the time to look into my application and give me a fair chance at this job, I'd love to be a part of this community and do as much good as I can for the server as a whole. I also hope I've done a good job in making this application coherent and up to par and I apologize for my earlier fluke. Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Potentialares on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://thatguyyoucometo.tumblr.com
MagikYeti
MagikYeti

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:00 am

Potentialares wrote:
Position applying for: Builder
In-game name: Potentialares
Timezone(GMT format): Eastern Standard
Times available:7-10+
What makes you better for this position than others?: Good at wiring and editing and adapting structures to either something that looks better or something for a different purpose. Good at following directions and getting tasks done
Helpful information specific to position: I don't need a whole lot of directions other than a task and have no problem with making changes to anything that needs to be changed, even if I built it. Following directions is easy for me but I also think well freely and would be able to continue with tasks without constantly needing directions
other: Good at talking people and making friends and stopping arguments or fights between people.

Please do it better. Your application is structured horribly. Also the gmt is wrong.

In any case, I don't know you either.

I might have some amnesia after a volleyball hit my head yesterday.

Undecided from me.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 am

I do not know my GMT, I apologize. I structured my application the way I was told to structure it, I'm also sorry if that was a bad way to structure it.

You're right, you don't know me and neither do I know you. I haven't met you in game until tonight when you logged in whilst I was online. I was invited into the server by The_Duece, one of my friends, and have been playing rather regularly for a few hours each night, though I have yet to encounter you online.

I can look into my GMT and find out what it is, along with restructure my application in a way that is more prefferable to you if you want me to. I just need to know how I am supposed to structure it, if not in the way that I was told to do it by the application post in this forum.
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 am

Potentialares wrote:
I do not know my GMT, I apologize. I structured my application the way I was told to structure it, I'm also sorry if that was a bad way to structure it.

You're right, you don't know me and neither do I know you. I haven't met you in game until tonight when you logged in whilst I was online. I was invited into the server by The_Duece, one of my friends, and have been playing rather regularly for a few hours each night, though I have yet to encounter you online.

I can look into my GMT and find out what it is, along with restructure my application in a way that is more prefferable to you if you want me to. I just need to know how I am supposed to structure it, if not in the way that I was told to do it by the application post in this forum.
Your GMT is -5:00
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks man
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

I think he meant sentence structure since your template is correct. Also, you seem to have more intelligence than the average applier. At the least, better grammar.
Back to top Go down
https://harshland.forumotion.com
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 am

kd280z wrote:
I think he meant sentence structure since your template is correct. Also, you seem to have more intelligence than the average applier. At the least, better grammar.
That's true...The GMT was easy I live in Eastern standard time so no problem
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 am

kd280z wrote:

Haha thanks^.^ I'm really tired, i haven't slept well in literally months and I have trouble staying awake during the day. I wasn't really focusing when I wrote the application and now that I've gone back to read it it seems absolutely dreadful xD. I'm planning on going back and fixing that soon, I've already tried to make it a bit more organized and easier to read. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:56 am

Potentialares wrote:
kd280z wrote:

Haha thanks^.^ I'm really tired, i haven't slept well in literally months and I have trouble staying awake during the day. I wasn't really focusing when I wrote the application and now that I've gone back to read it it seems absolutely dreadful xD. I'm planning on going back and fixing that soon, I've already tried to make it a bit more organized and easier to read. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience
No problem you seem like you would be good for the job if you spiced it up a bit that would make it a lot better and show a lot of effort
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:03 am

ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
kd280z wrote:

No problem you seem like you would be good for the job if you spiced it up a bit that would make it a lot better and show a lot of effort
I definitely will. I've tried to do some tonight and added a bit, changed some wording and made it actually coherent I think, so I'll see what I can continue to do. Thank you guys for understanding and looking into me for the job, I appreciate it:]
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:07 am

Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
kd280z wrote:

I definitely will. I've tried to do some tonight and added a bit, changed some wording and made it actually coherent I think, so I'll see what I can continue to do. Thank you guys for understanding and looking into me for the job, I appreciate it:]
As I said earlier you actually made a attempt at the job unlike most people that make a pathetic application that isn't even worth looking at and it just wastes our time yours is actually worth considering but as of now we do have a lot of builders so the chances of getting in are slim but that means you need a good app and you have one so you got my vote Smile.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 am

ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
Potentialares wrote:
kd280z wrote:

As I said earlier you actually made a attempt at the job unlike most people that make a pathetic application that isn't even worth looking at and it just wastes our time yours is actually worth considering but as of now we do have a lot of builders so the chances of getting in are slim but that means you need a good app and you have one so you got my vote Smile.
Oh that's awesome:] Especially because you made your vote before I even finished with my app-fixing^.^ Thank you for giving me your time and looking into my app like this, it means a lot to me. I've never really gotten involved in a server, most of the ones I've played on have been too far into their development to really need me if I didn't have good connections. It means a lot that you guys have even taken the time to talk to me and see what I can do, thank you
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:09 am

I can definitely tell that you put work into this. This is far better than the average application and you have my vote easily. You seem like a very able person who is capable of doing more than just building. I like people who can be helpful in a number of situations. Sorry if this is illiterate at all, I am very tired.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 am

kd280z wrote:
I can definitely tell that you put work into this. This is far better than the average application and you have my vote easily. You seem like a very able person who is capable of doing more than just building. I like people who can be helpful in a number of situations. Sorry if this is illiterate at all, I am very tired.
Oh dude it's no problem, I'm exhausted too and I've dealt with a lot worse. At least you use punctuation xD. I have friends who must think it's a sin to use punctuation...takes me ten minutes to decipher a two sentence text. I thank you again for not only giving me the time of day and talking to me but also giving me your vote too, it means a great deal to me and I'm glad I seem qualified enough to you guys
Back to top Go down
kd280z
Owner
kd280z

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 am

He seems like a hard working person, accepted.
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

kd280z wrote:
Very Happy Shweetness, thanks man
Back to top Go down
ikoi99
Semi-Admin
ikoi99

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:47 am

kd280z wrote:
He seems like a hard working person? He isa hard working person...

You can clearly tell by the app
Back to top Go down
Potentialares
Advanced Member
Potentialares

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 am

ikoi99 wrote:
kd280z wrote:

Very Happy I like you guys^.^ lol
Back to top Go down
MagikYeti
MagikYeti

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am

Potentialares wrote:
ikoi99 wrote:
kd280z wrote:

Very Happy I like you guys^.^ lol

After seeing you for a while, and even though this topic is probably gonna be closed... I do think you would get my vote, if I still had a chance to. You seem very nice and hard working.

-Yeti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Builder   Application: Builder Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: Builder
Page 1 of 1